Tuesday 5 January 2010

Goalkeepers







With the new year, it's time to crack on with a bunch of projects and bits I've had floating around for a while. Good intentions and all that.

This
is a little series of goalkeeper sketches I started a while back, largely to keep me busy while watching Match of the Day.
My rules, I guess, are to only draw from moving footage and not to 'fix' the sketches afterwards.
It's a good challenge to try to capture the movement & essence of poses & actions that can flash past, unexpectedly, in a very short space of time.
I think they're working pretty well as a set, hopefully expressing something of the ups and downs and actions of a keeper.

This blog isn't really the ideal place for large sets of images, so you can see the whole set on Flickr. I should be adding more every couple of weeks, so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment