Thursday 18 February 2010

Yo Adrienne!


Been busying myself with a couple of competitions. This is another one run by Little White Lies Magazine to portray one's favourite film within a black & white six-panel comic strip template, the idea being that someone who's never seen the film could interpret the full story by reading this comic. Tricky. I chose the mighty Rocky. I tried to show the central events and scenes while also communicating the tone and overall message of the film, and also to allude to it's supporting characters and motifs without distracting from the main story.

A bit of a rush in the end, but I enjoyed this loads. Quite a departure from what I usually do, but I learned a lot of stuff that's definitely feeding into my more everyday work already.







No comments:

Post a Comment