Tuesday 17 May 2011

The Serco Prize Exhibition at London Transport Museum



The best 50 entries from the AOI's annual Serco Prize competition are currently exhibited at the London Transport Museum. I went back to show my Dad around a few days after the PV, and took my camera this time.

My entry:

There were some great responses to the 'River Thames' brief. A big favourite for me was Melvyn Evans' Thames People and Tides- brilliantly characterful tiny figures and an exquisite colour palette:


Ace characters in Matt Oxborrow's piece...


...one of whom bore a striking resemblance to my guest to the private view, www.benstrachan.co.uk:



Great textures and beautifully observed figures in Holly Stoves' image:


Congrats to the winners. The exhibition is on until the 3rd June, in case you'd like to take a peek. The museum itself has some interesting stuff too, like this chap:




No comments:

Post a Comment